Sunday, June 21, 2009

An Evening Around Town

6/15/09
After work I ran the base trail at Table mountain. My running has become noticeably stronger. I’m sure it has to do with all the hills and hiking I’ve exposed myself to. As I was on the trail, with Table mountain behind me and the ocean in front of me, I remembered a conversation I had with Doug and Jamie a while back. We were talking about our experience in Cape Town. I brought up how most of us in the program set out on this experience on our own. We agreed that it was dissapointing not to be able to share Cape Town with anyone. What the three of us surmised was that no one is ever truly alone. Moreover, what you take from Cape Town will be with you forever; because it changes you, it becomes a part of you. I will indirectly share South Africa with everyone I meet from here on out.

I went down to mugged today for proper internet and a light pre-dinner dinner. Doug called to invite me to hang out. He and Debbie’s group were going to Kauai for dinner and an improve comedy show. I had wanted to check out Kauai for some time and when I have I ever turned down a comedy event?! Kauai is a healthy fast food restaurant. Everything is made fresh. They do a lot of wraps and salads and smoothies. The food was all really good and really cheap. I have a carribean chicken wrap for R34! There were pinapples and peppers and rice and other delicious things in it.

The comedy event was held at the UCT campus here in town. The theatre was very small, seating only about 50 people or so. The show was exactly like “whose line is it anyway?” Where the actors form teams to perform a serious of improve games. They called it, “Theatre Sports”. Some of us were actual judges and rated each performance (even though the points didn’t matter at all). For amateaurs, it was pretty funny stuff.

Afterwards we all went to Doug’s place for tea and dessert. Some of us played a few rounds of “spit”. Here, they call it “speed”. My cousin, Abbie and I used to play that game for hours on end…along with many other card games. It reminded me of her and summers at Hampton Beach. I can’t believe that by the time I get home she will be mere weeks away from being a MOM. That’s crazy…and incredibly exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment