Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lunch With The First Lady

5/24/09
I started my morning with a yoga class. I was really looking forward to it since I hadn’t been in a while and felt like I needed some recharging. I was severely let down when I arrived at the over crowded studio. The instructor was not what I was expecting from a Sunday morning class. He was militant and fast paced. Even though I know all the poses and even their sequence, I was stammering and mixing them up. It was utterly frustrating. To recover I came home, did a treadmill workout and then did my own Yoga on the rooftop. I felt human again.

Jamie and I chose to explore Sea Point this afternoon. We took a cab there and walked down the boardwalk along the ocean and massive waves. We checked out the lighthouse and the playground. We tried to ignore the fact that we both secretly wanted to ride the sea-saw (teeter-totter), but finally succumbed. It was more enjoyable than I expected. We rocked for a good 20 mins, and we only stopped then because the seat was digging into our thighs.


For lunch, we tried out a place called La Vie. It turned out to be a great choice. Our waiter was friendly and playful. He immediately assumed we were from the US and proceeded to call us “Michelle” and “The First Lady”. I said to Jamie, “I can see the resemblance.” She said, “Michelle IS really stylish…” Our meals were fantastic. We had amazing hummus and salads. Afterwards we searched up and down main street for a recommended gelato place. We finally found it…and it was well worth the search. The shop was adorable and we enjoyed gelato on small waffle “hearts” drizzled with Ferero Rocher chocolate sauce. MM!

No comments:

Post a Comment